Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You Came In Like A Ghost

4.18.09

you came in like a ghost because i left the door unlocked
all the sun in your face, brought a tear down my skin
you took my heart to bring it back, we stab the benevolent thief
i keep out the danger, that sneaks in the pain, whispered to relief
if i let you get by, it's because you color my sky
your pass is like a hurricane, the calm in your eyes
your heart's so deep, it could drown this dying town
some things are a flash of memory, some things hold out forever
some places crumble, some places grow, some people wonder
some things are ending, some things are beginning
there's a part of me you could carry away, but a part of me is gone
a part of me is over, but i'll go on
show me your mirror under the milky sky, let me see the face you stumble for
give me some time, give me a light to see, let's wait until the morning sky
we'll make it a deal, we'll call it love

No comments:

Post a Comment